Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Kess Konnection - Epilogue


The Kess Konnection is pulled from an actual series of emails I exchanged with a (presumably) West African 419 scammer in 2004. I omitted a few of the more mundane messages in order to move the story along a bit, but what you read here was the exact, unedited exchange. The messages were passed back and forth over a couple of weeks, and after the last one, I figured it was over. However, two weeks later, out of the blue, this arrived:

Dear Don Mynack,
   complioment of the day!
  i don;t understand all you have send to me in your
 email.how are you and your family?please i and my
 mother will really like to know if you are going to
 assist us get the documents changed to your name so
 that they can make the delivery of the consignments
 to you in your country then after which my mother
 will give you the scret ocde/password  for you to
 open the trunk box and retreiove what you have spent
 before the sharing of the funds as stated in the
 proposal. so i will realy wants to know if you are
 going to assist us to setle the outstanding bills in
 securing your name been changed to your name before
 the delivery could be made to you.hope to hear from
 you soon.
    Regards and God bless.
  Oscar
I never replied. I don't know no Oscar, man - I'm a friend of Kess.

No comments:

About Me

Houston, Texas, United States
Don Mynack is the pseudonym of Todd Wolf, local freelance writer, area man, and bon vivant. Contact Don Mynack at don.mynack at gmail.